Olive oil, and the higher the quality, the better. Thats’s the clear message from experts in nutrition. Extra virgin olive oil is very good for the health so for that reason, the higher the quality, the better it will be for your health. And nutritionists have no doubt in saying that the best is extra virgin olive oil (EVOO).
Why? Because it’s the one that contains no impurities, the one which isn’t mixed with other oils (those are the refined oils which are not as beneficial for your health and do not have as much flavour) , the one which has followed a scrupulous production and bottling process. It is obviously not advisable to use other types of oils which have got nothing to do with the authentic juice of the olive which is what EVOO offers you. But let’s take a look at what benefits extra virgin olive oil offers you:
- It is good for your heart because it contains fatty acids
- It contains high levels of vitamin E, which is one of the best antioxidants. These are what slow down the ageing process in all the cells in your body and in your skin as well.
- Polyphenols are in charge of stopping your body from forming carcinogenic cells. The higher the level of polyphenols present, the better and you will only achieve this with extra virgin olive oils. This substance also combats neurodegenerative diseases.
- It is a product essential in reducing levels of bad cholesterol and in raising levels of the good kind and all thanks to the presence of the monounsaturated fats that olive oil contains.
- Olive oil prevents the appearance of ulcers and reduces stomach acid.
- It helps to effectively ward off diabetes and reduces blood sugar levels.
- It works wonders with constipation.
As you can see, the benefits of olive oil are manifold. Fortunately, this food stuff has resisted the attacks of the fiercest marketing to substitute it with other fats which have far less flavour and are far worse for your health, such as butter.
It is more than obvious then that olive oil is at the centre of the Mediterranean diet, considered by many nutritionists as the healthiest way of eating in the world.
And if we talk about EVOO, we have to mention those oils which, like Masía El Altet’s, are produced in a mountainous area near to the Mediterranean, which gives them a special flavour and unique aroma.
The secret of the quality of this extra virgin olive oil lies in the fact that the olives are picked using traditional methods which are then combined with the best food technoogy. Masía El Altet’s olives are always collected at their exact moment of ripening.
So in short, of you want to enjoy a healthy food stuff, you should opt for extra virgin olive oil, in its natural form or used in cooking. Not only will your palate notice it, but your health too.
The World of Pure Essential Oils – The best range of essential oils on the web with lots of free info, tips, treatments, recipes etc.